We have another opening for a personal care aide! Check it out!
The P.M. aide is responsible to care for the needs of the residents on 2nd and 3rd floors as instructed by the nurse; visits residents, assists in carrying out social, recreational, and craft activities; and performs some laundry and some light housekeeping duties to maintain the facility in a clean, sanitary manner. The individual also works at the reception desk as needed, including some evening hours.
Is responsible to the nurse supervisor and works as a staff team member in caring for the needs of each resident.
1. Education: High school
2. Training/experience: Previous experience in working with the elderly and disabled is preferred.
3. Physical demands:
a) Physical ability to lift, turns, and transfers a minimum of 50 pounds.
b) Ability to tolerate standing or walking 75-85% of the time.
c) Physical capabilities of stretching, pulling, bending, and stooping.
4. Verbal and auditory abilities to communicate effectively with residents in responding to their needs.
5. Emotional stability to handle stress of caring for the residents.
6. Observation skills in responding to emotional, physical, and mental needs of the residents.
7. Valid Driver’s license.
1. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding residents’ personal life/activities and internal affairs of St. Anne’s.
2. Uses patience, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with residents.
3. Coordinates and supports efforts by administration and staff in meeting the resident’s needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs laundry duties-residents’ personal clothing.
2. Assists in assuring residents are neatly dressed, groomed, and hygienically acceptable by performing and/or supervising some bathing and clothes changes.
3. Reports physical, mental, and emotional change to the nurse.
4. Assists in orienting new residents to the facility.
5. Assists in making beds (when necessary).
6. Performs housekeeping activities as necessary.
7. Transport residents to/from appointments.
8. Uses tact, sensitivity, and firm kindness in dealing with residents and problems involving them.
9. Assists residents in cleaning drawers, closets, and other personal areas.
10. Delivers evening snacks to residents.
11. Performs those tasks that are necessary in fulfilling the performance of this job but may not be considered essential functions.
12. Observes safety rules and practices.
13. Observes infection control policies and procedures.
14. Attends required in-service education meetings.
15. Reads Policy and Procedures manuals on an annual basis.
16. Reception desk four hours weekly.